Flintlocks & Fireballs
Flintlocks and Firearms is run under a modified version of the D&D 4th Edition rules. The vast majority of the rules will remain the same, and many of the changes are cosmetic rather than mechanical.
D&D’s races have been replaced by Backgrounds, which represent an upbringing and culture rather than genetics:
- Human is replaced by Arakesh
- Eldarin is replaced by Imperial
- Elf is replaced by Wilder
- Half-Elf is replaced by Trader
- Halfling is replaced by Stellazzo
Other races have also been reskinned or changed:
A new category of ranged weapons, Firearms, have been added; their statistics are scaled similarly to existing ranged weapons.
Arcane or divine classes have been reskinned:
- Wizard is replaced by Technomancer
- Warlock is replaced by Order Mage
- Cleric is replaced by Hedge Mage
- Paladin is replaced by Rose Knight
Classes and races outside of Player’s Handbook 1 are not included by default, but may be played after reskinning them to fit the setting. When these reskins happen, they will be listed below:
- Psionic is replaced by Duster.